Have you been bitten by the pumpkin spice bug? I know I have! Pumpkin spice latte is something I look forward to every fall. I’m not a fan of the overly – sweet versions served at most coffee shops this time of year, but I love the fall flavors. I was out of flavored coffee and thus my new favorite pumpkin spice latte was created!
- 1 cup hot, brewed coffee (brewed slightly strong)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. MCT oil (you can use coconut oil if you don't have this)
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. half and half
- 1 package Truvia (or 1 tsp sweetener)
- ½ scoop unflavored protein powder
- Put all ingredients except protein powder in the blender and blend well. Add protein powder and blend a few seconds longer. (It will get frothy during this step, so if you don't like the foam, don't blend for too long.)
I really like the idea of actually using pumpkin in my pumpkin spice lattes – not just the pie spice. But honestly? I seldom have pumpkin on hand. I often use winter squash (butternut or acorn) that I have cooked. Or if I am really lazy and I am making a double recipe for both Mark and I, my Drive Thru Sue tip is to use a small jar of butternut squash baby food! These are great to have on hand to grab for a quick serving or two of these lattes!