I remember clearly the first time I ever walked in to Gymboree. I loved their clothes! And then I looked at the price tags. Yikes. I walked out disheartened. I had finally found kid’s clothes I loved. But they were waaaaayyyyy too expensive. That was when we only had 1 child. I’ve learned a lot about how to get amazing deals on kid’s clothes since then.
- Watch for free or nearly free subscriptions to Family Fun or Parents magazine and subscribe! Almost every issue comes with both a Gymboree and a Crazy 8 coupon inside! Both are usually 20% off your order.
- About twice a year Gymboree and Crazy 8 (who are owned by the same company) have a special sale where the whole store is $16.99 or under. (Gymboree outlets are $14.99 and under, so if you are near one of those it is even better!) Sign up for their e – mail mailing list and they will tell you when it starts.
- Make sure you are a Gymboree Rewards member. This is not a credit card, it is just a point system. When you accumulate a certain amount of points, they send you $ off coupons.
- Window shop online before going to the store. Make notes of the items you liked and how much they cost. Also notice what the shipping rates were and if there were any qualifications for free shipping.
- Take your notes along when you go to the store. I try to shop all at once for what we need so that I can use my 20% off coupon during the sale and get everyone’s outfits coordinating. I usually buy the kids one nice (new) dressy outfit every 6 months.
- Find out if GymBucks are earning or redeeming during the sale. These make a great deal even better! You earn a ‘buck’ for every $50 you spend. That means you can redeem it by getting $50 worth of items for $25 at a later date. I try to time my GymBucks to redeem them during the store wide sale. It doesn’t always work out, but it often does. Last fall I was able to buy Christmas outfits at the outlet store with GymBucks during the sale. I paid $7.49 each for button – down shirts and fancy dresses for the girls! (Note: You cannot combine redeeming GymBucks with a 20% coupon.)